Twenty-Six Quotes About Love
You may be in love, or you may be over it.
Either way, I get it. Hey, I’ve been there too.
But, whether or not you hate Valentine’s Day, I hope you’ll love these quotes.
Some of them are deep. Some are funny. All of them will make you think. Enjoy.
1. “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” Zora Neale Hurston
2. “To love someone means to see him as God intended him.” Fyodor Dostoevsky
3. “The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because they are generally the same people.” G. K. Chesterton
4. “The things that we love tell us what we are.” Thomas Aquinas
5. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” Helen Keller
6. “One of the best ways to demonstrate God’s love is to listen to people.” Bruce Larsen
7. “Do not waste time bothering whether you ‘love’ your neighbor; act as if you did.” C.S. Lewis
8. “Lord, grant that I might not so much seek to be loved as to love." St. Francis of Assisi
9. “You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working, and just so, you learn to love by loving.” St. Francis de Sales
10. “When we are in touch with God’s joy and peace in us, then we become whole and holy persons. Like living torches we radiate the light and heat of God’s compassionate love.”Mark Yaconelli
11. “Love is not only something you feel, it is something you do." David Wilkerson
12. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.” Augustine
13. “Where love is, God is.” Henry Drummond
14. “A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.” Max Lucado
15. “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.” 1 Peter 4:8
16. “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.” Robert Fulghum
17. “We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love.” Mother Teresa
18. “Love your neighbor as yourself but don't take down your fence.” Carl Sandburg
19. “Remember who you are. Don't compromise for anyone, for any reason. You are a child of the Almighty God. Live that truth." Lysa Terkeurst
20. “No one can make you feel inferior without your permission." Eleanor Roosevelt
21. “If you must love your neighbor as yourself, it is at least as fair to love yourself as your neighbor.” Nicolas Chamfort
22. “When you are filled with love, and you are busy loving, you have no time to fear.” Michael Caputo
23. “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.” John 15:13
24. “You will never really love until you love someone who hates you." Jack Hyles
25. “Love leaves a legacy. How you treated other people, not your wealth or accomplishments, is the most enduring impact you can leave on earth.” Rick Warren
26. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” Henry David Thoreau
Happy Valentine’s Day… or not, if you’d rather forget about the whole thing.
Either way, I hope you have a great February 14th!